We were privileged to collaborate with Société Inclusive, the Société Inclusive, the Participation sociale et villes inclusives team and the Centre de recherche interdisciplinaire en réadaptation du Montréal métropolitain in the creation of a video FAQ to help you set up a participatory research project. The team of our Capacity Building axis has put its expertise to good use, notably by providing advice on technopedagogy.
- 18 videos
- 16 experts
- Bilingual content, subtitles and graphic animations
- Québec Sign Language version
- French and English Text versions
- Concrete examples
- Tools and solutions
- A glossary on participatory research
The contents apply to projects that are done with and for people with and without disabilities.
The result of a consultation
The eighteen videos were developed under three themes that were identified in a consultation conducted in 2021 with the communities of the four organizations that carried out this project:
- Participatory research;
- Communication of results.
- What is participatory research? What can it do for me?
- What issues can be addressed by a participatory research project?
- Why is it called “participatory” research?
- What are the main stages of a research project?
- How do you identify the right research user when you want to establish a partnership?
- How to establish and decide on the roles and responsibilities of each member of the partnership?
- How can you establish a research partnership that is meaningful, avoids tokenism, and focuses on shared decision-making?
- How can I verify that the partnership is meaningful and collaborative?
- What are winning practices in partnership research?
- What are some ways to ensure that a partnership is beneficial to its parties?
- How can we help organizations and individuals make their partnership more successful?
- Why is participatory research more time-consuming?
- How can we really preserve knowledge through the transfer of skills and data?
- When a project is completed, how can we make the results known to promote them?
- How can we find the right media to ensure that the results are transmitted and easily accessible to the different stakeholders?
- How to ensure that knowledge transfer is done properly?
- How to determine if the projects have a real market potential?
- What are the legislative rules to take into account for an optimal knowledge transfer?