The Unité de soutien SRAP du Québec and its Capacity Development component are calling for applications for a postdoctoral fellowship. This component is under the responsibility of Annie LeBlanc, professor at the Université Laval’s faculty of medicine.
The component is currently working on two major projects:
- evaluation of the Unit’s fellowship program
- development and implementation of a POR competency framework, which will result in a training curriculum with a targeted and progressive training offer and recognized certification
The Component wishes to recruit a postdoctoral fellow who will be responsible for carrying out these two mandates.
The Unité de soutien SRAP du Québec is dedicated to transforming frontline clinical and organizational practices and promoting the integration of care and services through patient-oriented research (POR). The main objectives of the Capacity Development Component are to
1) promote the excellence of POR in Quebec
2) support successful career paths for POR researchers and health professionals
3) standardize and maintain training offered by the Unit
4) promote networking, with a particular focus on interdisciplinarity
Since 2014, the Component has administered a fellowship program in collaboration with the Fonds de recherche du Québec (FRQS). This program is designed to allow students, postdoctoral fellows, health professionals and early career researchers to hone their skills, gain valuable expertise and expand their POR collaboration network. The program gives fellows the opportunity to participate in training activities and science days and receive scientific communications grants. These individuals also have the opportunity to collaborate on projects developed by the Unit’s components, thus integrating them into the network of POR experts. The Component also coordinates the training program offered to the Unit’s target audiences. Its responsibilities include ensuring the quality of training and supporting the other components in the development and delivery of training activities.
The selected applicant will have access to the expertise of the Unité de soutien SRAP du Québec as well as that of VITAM – Centre de recherche en santé durable. VITAM offers an exceptional interdisciplinary training environment for emerging frontline researchers. The successful applicant will also be integrated into the Université Laval’s faculty of medicine. They will have the opportunity to contribute to and participate in the various activities of the groups in which the researcher plays a major role, namely the Evidence Alliance and the Mayo Clinic.
Applicants must hold a Ph.D. in a relevant field of specialization: measurement, assessment or education. In addition, these individuals will help supervise non-graduate and graduate students and work full-time on planned research activities.
Preference will also be given to applicants with the following skills:
- Ability to work independently and take a leadership role in projects
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and teamwork/partnership skills
- Scientific rigour, integrity, generosity and an ability to synthesize information and work independently
Working conditions are the same as those provided for in the collective agreement for postdoctoral fellows at Université Laval on a full-time basis (35 hours per week) for a 12-month period. The contract may be renewed on an as-needed basis and subject to the availability of funds.
The applicant who obtains the fellowship will be able to choose their work location among the following:
|VITAM – Centre de recherche en santé durable
2525 Chemin de la Canardière
Quebec City, Quebec G1J 0A4
|Unité de soutien SSA du Québec
Université de Sherbrooke, Longueuil Campus
150 Place Charles-Le Moyne, Longueuil, Quebec J4K 0A8
Start date of the fellowship: To be determined with the successful applicant.
Applicants must submit:
- A letter of intent that clearly states their interests in the proposed mandate and how their current expertise and experience can contribute to it
- A curriculum vitae
- A transcript and a copy of the doctoral degree or an official document attesting that the requirements of the doctoral program have been met
- Two letters of recommendation from professors familiar with the applicant’s work
- A copy of their most relevant publications (maximum 3).
Applications must be submitted in PDF format in a single email to: Annie.LeBlanc@fmed.ulaval.ca
Copy to: Isabelle.email@example.com
October 2, 2020, or until the position is filled
Applicants will be notified of the decision by email.
For more information: