The Unité de soutien SRAP du Québec has become the Unité de soutien SSA Québec, placing the learning health system (LHS) at the centre of its mandate. Patient-oriented research (POR) is still the main focus of the Unit’s activities. It allows us to establish a learning health system in which all resources are united so that people can receive the right services, from the right staff, at the right time and in the right place.
A reference for LHS in Quebec
The Unit is a reference point for the learning health system in Quebec. Its new website is designed to be informative and accessible.
“It’s a place for discovery and an invitation to help us build the health care system of tomorrow!”
Dr. Antoine Groulx, scientific director of the Unité de soutien SSA Québec
You will find:
- A Quebec-wide team of more than 50 experts.
- The vision of a learning health system and the Unit’s mission
- The nine areas of expertise the Unit uses for the Quebec health care system
- A range of services for individuals and organizations working in research, health and social services.
- Tools, projects and news related to POR, LHS and health and social services research.
An evolving mission
The Unité de soutien SSA Québec strives to play a key role in the continuous improvement of Quebec’s health care system and care trajectories.
It mobilizes the research and health and social services communities, with and for the public, to improve:
- Patient experience and outcomes
- The health of the general population
- The efficiency of the system
- The well-being of health and social service workers
Serving the Quebec health and social services network
The Unit helps institutions, organizations, decision-makers and human resources in health care, research and social services work differently (data management, data use, change management, working in partnerships) with a common objective: a learning health system in Quebec with a quadruple aim.